Tuesday 4 November 2014

Athletics day reflections

Reflection from Sofia:

Today in room 10 we did Athletics. We did High jump, Long jump, Sprints, Baton relays, Vortex, and Quoits. The year threes went first then year fours.
The wind thrashing through your face.  Legs loose to get ready for the race.

Watching the pole for High jump going higher and higher each time you get it correct. Shouting and cheering for your house in the relays!
Once we finished all of it we were allowed to have a play my friends and I climbed the big ruff tree. Then we got called in to do the relays my house came first in the first race! After that we went on the bus we were very loud you could hear us from outside the bus! Then we chilled out in the classroom we had a great day!


Katies reflection:

On the 4th November 2014 (today) we went to Ben Burn park to do athletics. Athletics is a event that year 3-8 go to to practice skills. the skills are long jump, high jump, quoits, sprints and vortex. I was best at sprints!

As I finished quoits I quickly walked over to sprints at the other side of the field.  I sat on the soft grass then Mrs Hunt called up the girls. I had butterflies tickling my tummy. Then I was put in a group and got sent to Miss Stubbing. First she said to go toilet or get a drink. I ran over onto the concrete then into the toilet. pe-u, it stinks in there then straight away it was my turn. Then Miss Stubbing set "take your marks get set" then she slammed two big blocks together.My heart was bouncing as I raced across the squared grass I jumped up and landed over the line. yay I came 3rd.

Now it's semi finals, good luck me!
Wow I wonder what I have come. huh we all tied, I guess I am doing it again that time we all were all so close but then Alexa went in my lane so I couldn't go in front :(. and I hoped everyone else did really well!

No comments:

Post a Comment