Wednesday 17 September 2014

Sofia's swimming achievements




I went to my Interzones swimming. Before I went into the seating area I had a nice warm takeaway hot chocolate. Then I sat down on the cold concrete stairs. My goggles were getting foggy my arms were getting sweaty. I felt nervous when I heard the freestyle year 4 girls and boys I got to my feet and rushed to the line of fit swimmers. I heard the whistle and shot to the start I heard the buzzer buzz and there I was in the water shooting down the path of water. Cold liquid splashing in my face.

Scared that I am going to come last. Splashing water into the other lane grabbing the water and throwing it behind me thinking of all the support I have. Thinking that I am going to come first.

Then I see the finish and smash my hand to the solid damp brown lining. What place did I come? I looked at my mum she put her hand into the air and it came up as the character four. I grabbed the bump and pulled myself up into the moist air, I slipped through the red and white gate as I hugged my mum I heard a voice it was my dad saying ‘’ good work’’. Then I picked my towel and walked to my seat I was proud I was happy with all the support I had and happy with my achievements I had a great time.

by Sofia

7 comments:

  1. what pool was it?

    you did such a great job.

    I like how you did it in 1st person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was at Kilbirnie Pool. Thank you!
      Sofia

      Delete
    2. No thank-you for putting up this wonderful post.

      Delete
  2. Great work Sofia - sounds like you enjoy competition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic writing Sofia, I saw you race and you were like a fish. I really enjoyed reading your feelings about the race and the descriptive language you used gave me a clear picture in my head. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful writing Sofia! I felt like I was there with you. And what a race! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool Pooky!

    ReplyDelete